Welcome Michael Jackson fans! It’s a real classic today! Today I am continuing my audio commentary of Michael Jackson’s History tour in Munich. Today we are focusing on the song “Smooth Criminal” and it’s instalment 5 of the series.
You should have my commentary on full volume and have the song set up to place just before Michael appears from underneath the stage with his machine gun for the start of the song (just before the sheet releases upon the stage)
You should put the volume of the concert at around 50%, so you can hear both.
Alternatively, you can play your own version along at home. In case you havn’t got it at home, it’s below (start 3 seconds):
Smooth Criminal – The Performance
Here is a summary of a few of the points raised in the above audio commentary:
1) Clear Kabuki drop. Darkness of the sky ensured a perfect view of Michael
2) See 1920’s theme, like they’re watching a gigantic television. Odd choice of chairs and table. Look like plastic chairs and tables rather than art deco style.
3) Musically, great bass, very guitar based version and musical hits on the History tour. Previous tours included guitar hits instead.
4) Chris Judds legs were apart and we had a malfunction during the lean. Dancer got hooked on the lean mechanism.
5) Reduction in dancers to two, for the start of the song, very unfortunate as it had a big affect!
6) Costume design is clear to see, for ease of movement and speed of dressing
7) You can see the lean floor mechanism and glow in the dark indicators.
8) Walking through the motions, type of performance
9) Almost not miming!
10) Michael didn’t cut off his dancer like he usually does towards the end of the song. The dancer has to change his choreography every time to anticipate Michael’s next move
11) “Dance” before lean is poor
12) Circle moonwalk a different speeds
13) Notice that the smoke machines are on – very subtle affect
14) Different synthesiser sound towards the end of the song, compared to say, Brunei and original “moonwalker” version
15) plus lot’s more! 🙂
By Anthony King (c)
If you enjoyed this article or want to join the discussion please share using the buttons below!
FOR MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS AND FEATURES SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Share on your other accounts by clicking below:
DVDs: Michael Jackson moves Dance like Michael Jackson and learn the moves at home!
Anthony King’s Thriller Dance Workout DVD!
Two full MICHAEL JACKSON Style dance class routines with the classic moves plus additional lessons: Learn the MOONWALK, Learn the SIDE SLIDE, Learn the CIRCLE SLIDE. Special features include Anthony King’s demonstration Michael Jackson dance videos in London, special video clips, Reverse angle chapters, behind the scenes, interactive motion menus and much more!
Anthony King’s King Of Dance DVD!
Learn to dance like Michael Jackson with the full BILLIE JEAN style workout routine lesson and moves plus additional lessons: JAMES BROWN SHUFFLE! HOW TO SPIN LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON! PLUS a classic MOONWALK, SIDESLIDE and CIRCLE MOONWALK refresher lesson. Special features include slideshow and helpful notes and diagrams, gallery and much more!
Anthony King’s DON’T STOP DANCE WORKOUT DVD!
Learn the classic “MICHAEL JACKSON MOVES” learn the KICKS, turns and “MJ WALKS” in a classic workout routine! Learn the “YOU ROCK MY WORLD” walk, the classic MICHAEL JACKSON SHUFFLE, “SMOOTH CRIMINAL” Robotics and much more! Anthony King is back to teach you NEW moves and a new routine inspired by Michael Jackson’s “BAD”, “SMOOTH CRIMINAL” and much more!
Michael Jackson Hen Dance Class London at Pineapple Dance Studios – CLICK FOR MORE INFO!